Monday, June 6, 2011

Preschool Graduation....


The day we slept in...yeah that's embarrassing! No Tyler made it on time to drop Trent off before work. It is just that he was over 15 minutes late to class. Thank goodness the graduation did not start for another hour! Oh well...he made it on time and that is all that matters...

They sang songs and did a whole bunch of dancing and twisting. All of their songs were about ABC's and 123's. Oh preschoolers are too cute!

Trent was a cutie. Though he is so distracted that he kept messing up on things and not doing the moves. It didn't help that the group of kids that he was sitting by were so on beat on so animated with their hands and face....he looked so lost and out of place. He was quite happy just sitting when it was time to sit.

He kept smiling and waving. When the curtain first opened he was looking and looking for me. I was in the back but was waving my hand so violently that he finally noticed. Yes I probably looked ridiculous...but who cares?

I kept telling him to smile for me but he was so distracted and was looking everywhere else but the camera. Silly boy!

Okay parents take the last few pictures. Elbow to elbow we all were getting in there snapping shots of our children. Should I feel bad for not bringing any balloons or presents? Man some parents had over 10 balloons for 1 child! For crying out loud it is preschool! I know how much those balloons cost! Hahaha! Sorry Trent...Kindergarten for sure...but not for preschool!

I really don't think that Trent knew what was going on or why he was walking up to the front and shaking Mrs. Van's hand...

All of the other kids were so excited and dancing to get their papers. Trent took his and shrugged...that is what he does when he is nervous...then walked back to his seat. I was so mad that I couldn't take any video! My camera's battery was not charged enough to take video. Thank goodness I could take some pictures!

Trent was glad to be done with sitting on the stage. I told him just one more picture...this is the best smile of the morning. I think that almost all of the kids were done at this point!

We had cake and cookies...yes at 10 am. It was good too! Then we hurried home. As we were walking to the car Trent said to me, "Mommy why did we do that again?" I asked him what he was talking about. "We already did that! We put on shirts and went into the cafeteria and sang up on the stage...why do we have to keep doing that?!" It was then that I realized that he was talking about the Christmas program. So I tried to explain the purpose of the graduation and what he had accomplished and that is why we celebrated with them. "But why did we have to do that again?!" He was very annoyed at the fact that he had to do the whole performance all over again. Even though they were wearing different shirts and singing different songs. I guess he does not like to get up on the stage...then I explained that he was done with preschool and that he would be going to a new class with new teachers. I don't think that he gets it...he will soon find out...wait! What am I going to do with this busy guy ALL summer?!














No comments:

Post a Comment